Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birth of Venus

Ok, the Uffizi is huge and long. I'm not in going to pretend to say I
was able to appreciate half of the stuff I saw, but I will give you my
point of view just the same ;)
First off same rules as the Accedimia apply for tickets.
If you are thinking about visiting Florence and are an art buff then
visiting this place goes without question and I'm sure you already
will know the history and story behind what you are going to see, so
u're fine.
For the rest of us, I strongly suggest you buy a book guide
beforehand, or research some the artists or era's beforehand, book a
guided tour, or at the very least, rent an audioguide as we did. If
you go on gung-ho, You'll get bored fast and you won't really know
what pieces to pay attention to.
Oh and no photos allowed, at all, even in the Accedimia, but I
couldn't resist. So this was what I mustered just before getting
tapped on the shoulder. Hey I was thinking of you guys :)

No comments: