Friday, September 19, 2008

Venice Summary

If you're touring Italy, add Venice as one of your "not to miss places".
I have to admit though I miscalculated on this one, we really should
have stayed for two days. The trip to Murano took time and it didn't
give us a chance to visit anything else in Venice. In fact, I would
consult you to question why you would visit Murano. Knowing what I
know now, the only reason I would go would be to buy a really
expensive piece or if I never watched "How it's Made" and wanted to
see someone worked glass. Most of the more common jewellary can be
found in Venice.

When we were leaving we overheard someone saying that the only room
they could find was 375€. I'm sure somoeone could find much cheaper
if they planned ahead but Venice has "Rome" level of expensiveness
feel to it :) We saw some other tourists get off at nearby Padua
which would most definitaley be cheaper.

No comments: